Compass Box – No Name 2 Scotch Whisky 48.9% 700ml
- Imported from Scotland, UK.
- No Name No. 2 is a limited edition described as being ‘more refined’ than the original No Name released in 2017, which was described as the company’s peatiest whisky to date.
- The expression is comprised mostly of refill Sherry butt-matured Caol Ila, and Talisker aged in re-charred American oak hogsheads.
- The blended malt also includes ‘old’ malt whisky from Clynelish that’s also been matured in hogsheads, with a proprietary Highland malt blend finished in new French oak.
- Created by lead whisky maker Jill Boyd, No Name No. 2 is described as being ‘still very smoky indeed… if No Name was peat as thrash metal, No Name No. 2 is in the progressive genre: still potent, yet cerebral too’.
- John Glaser, Compass Box founder, said: ‘No name can do justice to the smoky character of these whiskies, so we decided No Name was the perfect banner under which to release our blends of heavily-peated single malts.
- Only 8,436 bottles of the whisky have been created.
- 700ml x 6 bottles